Working with what you have (and more!)

One of the saddest things I see on HGTV is when people rip out perfectly good vintage or period features just because they are "dated" and then they put in some plain vanilla Home Depotified kitchen/bathroom. 

So when I saw blogger Bailey McCarthy's bathroom redesign in her latest home, I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw that she embraced her vintage tile and didn't demo it!  In fact, she created her second bath to look vintage as well. 

photo 1
Bailey's Original Vintage Bathroom with new wallpaper

Bailey McCarthy has a blog called "Peppermint Bliss" that I've followed for some time.   Her style is very colorful and whimsical.  While her style isn't the same as mine, she isn't afraid to do things that are different--which I really like.  I've seen her remodel 3 homes in the past couple of years so clearly she has funds to be able demo and gut whatever she wants to, but she didn't do as much gutting in this last home and I think it's my favorite yet. 

zdzd
Bailey's brand new bathroom
 Check out her blog to see more pictures of these beautiful "vintage" bathrooms!


Comments